The GuildThe Northern Fibres Guild is a group of enthusiastic arts and crafts people, who enjoy working with and learning about fibres. Our interests are quite diverse and include knitting, spinning, weaving, dyeing, embroidery, felting, and much more. The Guild’s mandate is to support members in increasing their skills and to provide support and education to the public regarding the fiber arts.
- Borrow from our library
- Rent guild equipment (after 3 months in good-standing)
- Receive a discount on workshops offered by the guild
- Have priority registration for guild workshops
- Opportunity to participate in the NFG table at the annual Cranberry Fair
- Receive a monthly newsletter which keeps you up-to-date on the guild activities and upcoming events
- Participate in monthly meetings
The Judith Young Bursary
Our Guild has an executive of 4 volunteers, who each year undertake the duties associated with being a society. They run the business portion of our monthly meetings, keep the notes, write the newsletter and make sure that our bills get paid.
- President (business portion of meetings)
- Vice President (newsletters)
- Secretary (keeps notes)
- Treasurer (pays bills)
In addition to the executive, the Guild would not function without the other volunteer jobs, listed below:
- Cranberry Fair Liaison
- Cranberry Fair Coordinator
- Equipment Coordinator
- Program Coordinator
- Refreshment Coordinator
- Retreat Coordinator
- Workshop Coordinator
Please consider what talents you might like to share with the Guild. When we each take part, the work is an enjoyable portion of our activities.